Friday, May 7, 2010

Run girl, run!

I am so proud of my daughter.  She ran her first "race"...a Boosterthon Fun Run for her school.  The kids raised $40,000 for the school, which I think is great!  Simone did a wonderful job of calling family and friends to ask for pledges.
And then she ran...

Here she is with her class running through the tunnel onto the field.  They look like such pro's!

Getting started. They did some stretches and clapping to get warmed up.

And she's off.......I love that smile. 

The final stretch....
She ran all 35 laps with that big ole grin on her sweet face the whole time!  She was so cute and I am just so proud of her for her hard work.  It was hot and sunny yet she just plugged away!  Sammy and I cheered the whole time and her brother was just as proud of her.

So run girl, run...
J

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay for Simone! Wow, what an endeavor they took on and what fundraising skills! I think 40,000$ is amazing!

What a special day and I too adore her look of pure joy, even as she dashes along! What a cutie AND she sure does look like a pro! Wow!