I'm just saying...
Cause I am ready. REALLY ready in fact.
And these are the 10 reasons why:
1) Samuel's room is done and ready
2) The house is baby-proofed, carpets are cleaned
3) I have started to load up the dining room table with stuff for the trip
4) I have shopped and shopped and shopped for baby stuff. (yes Adam, I know you are well aware of this fact...)
5) There is more on my "to do" list crossed off then left to still do
6) I have a high chair, car seats, and baby toys pulled out and cleaned
7) I can't concentrate anymore. At all
8) Now what was I doing?
9) Oh ya, I can't concentrate. At all
and most of all
10) I really want my Sammy Wei home, now!
Yes. we have been super busy in our house this week. Just getting it all done so we can say that we are really ready to go get him now. Adam & I took a day off from work and cleaned the carpets (what, I watched him anyway...I was present for the cleaning), we got Wei-Che's birth mother gifts, the Foster family gifts, went to 10 or so stores trying to find just the right wrapping paper and met with our language teacher to get maps and travel information. We washed and folded all the cute little outfits for the trip and got all the baby must haves-Tylenol, teething gel, bibs and cutsie little socks. And we even had time for a quiet adult lunch together, at a real restaurant!
Now all that is left for us is to get that final ruling. I mean, it's been like 25 days...almost a month, so I think it's time. And then Adam can handle the travel plans...I won't be coming off cloud nine long enough to concentrate on those types of details!
I remember marveling at how much Lisa C. (http://destination-taiwan.blogspot.com/) got done in a day when she was preparing for the trip- I was sweating reading about it.
And Robin (http://ababygirlforus.blogspot.com/) in the last few weeks with all her preparations and multiple family things going on- like super woman that gal is!
So although I am not ranking myself up there with some of my amazing blogging buddies, I feel like I've gotten a lot done this week.
So now I am ready. Really ready.
I'm just saying....